Diesel Exhaust Fluid
Bulk Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is now available to professional drivers at select Husky retailers.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is necessary for Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology, used by most OEM engine manufacturers, to meet legislated emissions standards in reducing oxides of nitrogen (NOx) from diesel engine emissions. Measured amounts of DEF are injected into the exhaust stream, where it vaporizes to form ammonia and carbon dioxide, The ammonia, in conjunction with the SCR catalyst, is the product that helps reduce noxious emissions to almost zero.
Use our Husky Station Locator to find a location that offers diesel exhaust fluid near you.
Bulk DEF and cold weather conditions
Husky's cold weather standards require our Bulk DEF dispensers to be shut down when the ambient temperature reaches -15 degrees Celsius or colder. This ensures our equipment functions correctly. For your convenience, DEF jugs are available for purchase in store.
H2Blu Diesel Exhaust Fluid is a premium quality product, ensuring purity and performance. H2Blu will enable you to realize substantial benefits from SCR techonology including:
- Improve fuel performance by up to 5%*
- Take better care of your engine components as less heat and fewer contaminants are generated
- Meet EPA and Canadian emissions standards
- Do the best for the environment as well as your vehicles
*Versus non SCR technology. Check the owner's manual for specific vehicle model consumption rates.
H2Blu is a solution of 32.5% automotive grade Urea and 67.5% de-ionized water. H2Blu DEF helps convert the NOx from diesel exhaust into nitrogen and water vapor, by being injected into the diesel exhaust and then through the catalyst to rid the exhaust of pollutants. Purity of the DEF product is critical as impurities will cause the fluid not to work properly. This means:
- Your vehicle might not be meeting the emissions standards - you may be liable to fines
- Your engine may use more fluid than required
- You may not achieve optimum fuel consumption
- You may damage your engine over prolonged use of a compromised product
Note: Do not put H2Blu DEF into your diesel tank!
For more information, call 1-888-99H-2BLU or visit www.H2Blu.ca