Husky Retail Privacy Statement
This is a statement of the privacy practices of Husky Retail (“Retail”) operations of Husky Canadian Petroleum Marketing Partnership, by its managing partner Cenovus Energy Inc.”. (together, the “Company”).
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual or that permits an individual to be identified, but does not, in most circumstances, include business contact information.
We only collect and process personal information required to provide products, services or information or to respond to individuals who request information about the Company. This includes when you provide us with express consent, when consent is implied, or when we have a legal or contractual obligation to collect or process the information.
Under certain circumstances, we may be obligated or compelled to disclose the information, including when required by law, court order or government agency, or when disclosing such information is reasonably required to protect the Company, its property, the website, or the safety of visitors or others.
Withdrawal of Consent
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, including by requesting that your name be removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists, by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. If you refuse or withdraw consent, we may be unable to provide you with certain products, services or information.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Managing customer relationships, including communicating with customers and verifying email addresses.
- Administering the myHusky Rewards program.
- Providing customers with ongoing services relating to their purchases of Husky products, including contests.
- Understanding shopping preferences and information needs, and offering customers and myHusky Rewards program members relevant information, products, services and rewards to meet those needs and interests.
- Conducting market research, including developing and marketing our products and services.
- Including customers in preferred customer activities, such as special offers and promotions.
Like many websites, the Company uses session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) in order to deliver a better Website experience for you. Cookies are files with small amounts of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that certain information about your visit and web-browsing preferences will be recognized upon a return visit, to allow the Company to analyze patterns of activity while visiting our website, and to detect security fraud and abuse.
Most web browsers have a function that allows you to delete existing cookies on your device, or you can set your browser options so that your device does not receive or accept cookies.
We collect information via a web analytics program including information about your site visit such as your IP address, operating system, browser ID, browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our websites. This information is used to monitor for fraud/hacking activity, technical problems, web traffic management and to audit compliance to security requirements.
Third Party Website Links
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to third party websites we do not control. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the information practices of third party websites. We recommend that you review the Privacy Statements of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for the personal information practices of such third party websites.
How We Share Personal Information
Your personal information will not be shared with any third party, except in the following circumstances:
- If you give us permission to do so.
- Where permitted or required by law.
- With our affiliates, provided that such affiliates and their agents, advisors and employees are restricted from using the personal information for any purpose other than described in this Privacy Statement and, if applicable, official contest rules.
- In the event of a major business transaction, including a change of ownership of all or part of Husky through an asset or share sale, or some other form of business combination, merger or joint venture.
- With third party vendors who provide services on our behalf. These vendors are required to protect the confidentiality of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy practices, and are restricted from using your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Privacy Statement, and if applicable, official contest rules.
We may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded locations, participating sponsors and advertisers. However, this aggregated information does not contain personal information.
Please note that your personal information may be shared with, used, processed and stored by our affiliates and other third party vendors located in jurisdictions including but not limited to Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, the European Union, Australia, Argentina and India. Personal information may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the laws of these jurisdictions.
Security of Personal Information
The Company is committed to safeguarding your personal information. We maintain physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our work environments and information storage to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal information.
We may store your information in electronic databases or email boxes hosted by us or our third-party vendors for periods of time and with safeguards that we believe are reasonable depending on the nature and sensitivity of the information. Access to the information is restricted in accordance with our security protocols, and storage of the information is governed by our agreements with the vendors.
If you would like to edit your myHusky profile or no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may log into your myHusky account on this website, or contact Customer Service via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll Free at 1-855-278-7731. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us as part of the myHusky Rewards program, you may advise us by telephone at 1-855-MYHUSKY (1-855-694-8759) or online via www.myHuskyRewards.ca.
If you have any questions pertaining to this Privacy Statement, you may contact the Company’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement