Commercial Operations Updates
While focusing on preventing the spread of COVID-19, we are also working closely with our suppliers and our operators to ensure you continue to have access to fuel and other essential products and services you rely on us to provide. Put simply, we are focused on keeping our cardlocks open for you. Rest assured, our focus is on ensuring you have the supply you need to keep moving goods and services to and from our communities.
- Convenience stores remain open at this time. Our retailers and their staff are following guidelines for ‘social distancing’ to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Staff have been instructed not to touch customer payment cards or smart phones.
- Staff have been instructed to stay at home if they are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms.
- Expanded hygiene and cleaning practices, including increased frequency of cleaning common, high-contact areas such as countertops, door handles, tables and menus in restaurants, fueling nozzles and pin pads on our pumps and in our stores. In addition, our retailers and their staff are increasing cleaning and sanitizing efforts in washrooms.
- In jurisdictions where our restaurants remain open, we have asked our retailers to reduce occupancy and “close” every second table to provide a safe distance between patrons. Servers have also been instructed to observe and maintain safe distances where feasible. Please note: Husky House Restaurants across our network are adhering to Provincial State of Emergency directives.
- Convenience stores have stopped selling unwrapped food items such as pastries, soup, hot dogs, fresh fruit and pizza. We have also requested that customers use only disposable cups for beverages.
- Delivery drivers and suppliers visiting our locations have been asked to observe social distancing guidelines and will not exchange materials with our on-site staff.